The style was actually coined by a roommate of mine after the completion of this piece. His name, Brian Kiger, and I am eternally grateful because it falls in suit with my being and all that I do. Now the only question is what is it? That is a question that I have been trying to figure out for years and the answer is complex. Being as it may. There is only one true way to hit the soul of the self developing movement and that is with a manifesto. That is my question. That is my problem.
Currently, I am reading How to Think Like Einstein: Simple Ways to Break The Rules and Discover Your Hidden Genius by Scott Thorpe. To date this is the hardest read I have found. Except for the bible,but that was only because it was really, really boring. Compared to Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Repair it is way more complex. I have only made it through a couple of chapters which I must reread. Anyway, the book gives examples of how to think abstractly to solve problems. Some of the tricks I already use to solve difficulties in my art. I just never thought to apply these techniques to real world problems. The most interesting aspect that the book raises is that it is not so much the most in genius solution one is looking for, but rather the right question to ask that cuts most directly to the core of the problem. By finding the specific problem can only one then begin the path to a creative solution. My problem I discovered is that I do not know the quintessential truth as to what defines Post Modern Barbequeism. So simply stated:
PROBLEM
What is Post Modern Barbequeism?
QUESTION
The Post Modern Barbequeism Manifesto?

No comments:
Post a Comment